Thursday, August 19, 2010

DSL Home Networking?

umm first of all... I don't quite have the knowledge about networking and some PC stuff... I'm having troubles of what to buy in order for me to set up a network between my PC and my XBOX360 so that they can both use my the internet at the same time. I'm using a DSL which is a Linksys. I need help on how do I set up the router for the DSL for both PC and the xbox360. Other things I should buy or consider first in setting up the connection. Umm.. also what router I should buy... I'm currently using a 1mbps connection. Thank you very much.

DSL Home Networking?
I assume that XBox 360 is wireless capable. So first off you can buy a Linksys WRT54G wireless router to share the DSL between your computers and Xbox.since you are using DSL you need to configure your Wireless router in Either PPPoE mode or Automatic Configuration DHCP mode which you can do with help of the CD that comes along with the router itself.If your Xbox is not wireless capable now then you can get WGA54G which is a wireless gaming adapter for gaming consoles.Comes with installation CD.


Also you can call up 1-800-Linksys for more details of their product compatability with Xbox 360.


The above models work with Xbox for more info try linksys tech support
Reply:If you have a router you can just plug both machines into it for the best connection. Any router that is compatible with your ISP will do.


No comments:

Post a Comment