Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm trying to do more networking professionally. Do you recommend any non-traditional groups to join?

I'm a Retirement Advisor. I help people plan for and invest in their present/future retirement needs (same thing as a Financial Advisor except I like to focus on investments geared towards retirement).





I've tried a few different networking groups and have not had much success with them. I've also played the religion card and attempted to join an organization that is through my religion. This approach has turned out to be more religious dating than actual business networking.





I'm extremely interested in networking; however, I can't seem to find the right place to do it. While I'm not the greatest networker, I am more than comfortable to do public speaking engagements, presentations, strike-up conversations, etc. I just can't seem to find the right place to do all this.





I'm wondering if anyone has any non-traditional ideas/approaches to networking (for an advisor). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to do more networking professionally. Do you recommend any non-traditional groups to join?
There's a web site called Linked In that might be useful.





Do you sell variable annuities?


No comments:

Post a Comment