Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can networking be done between two systems, one with Windows 98 and Windows XP? Complete Manual Reqd.?

I have two PCs, one pc is loaded with Windows 98 and the other one with Windows XP. I have LAN Cable. But I do not know how to do networking between them in such a way that I could also do internet surfing as I have internet connection with one of them. I am layman in networking. Kindly guide me in this respect.

How can networking be done between two systems, one with Windows 98 and Windows XP? Complete Manual Reqd.?
in xp system right click the local area connection.(control pannel,net work and internet connection,rght side my network place,view network connection)


in general tab inter net protocal will be there. go to properties.





give ip address. 192.168.0.1


supnet mask: 255.255.255.0


apply ok








ight click the my computer


properties


press computer name


press change


give computer name and work group name





eg





computer name : comp1


workgroup: home





press ok





now computer will restart











same thing do in u r 98 mechine also





in comp name : comp 2


work group :home








now both computer will connect.
Reply:well u might want to is click start%26gt;%26gt;control panel%26gt;%26gt;network setup wixard..but remember the two computers must be connected to each other and give that other pc a ip address they both cant have the same ip address though

big teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment