Sunday, August 22, 2010

Networking Xbox and Computer for Xbox Live?

Hey I am just wondering, I have Xbox Live with the normal Xbox and I have it hooked up to the computer via an Ethernet-USB adapter. I was wondering what steps do I need to take for networking between the computer and my Xbox so I can use Live, I think it's called Internet Connection Sharing. Thanks in advance.

Networking Xbox and Computer for Xbox Live?
Okay, I have an Xbox 360 and use my wireless laptop to get on Live. With Windows XP, what I do is:





Plug in the Ethernet (I don't use the USB deal, so I'm not sure if it works the same way...)


But with them plugged into both units, I start them both up.


Then go to Start --%26gt; Connect to--%26gt; Show All Connections


I highlight both my Internet Connection and the LAN connection from which my Xbox is plugged into...which might be a little different from yours with USB. (I'm guessing they should both show up though? )


With both connections highlighted, I right-click and go to Bridge Connections.


This will then bridge them, and it *might* work after that.











(Sometimes it's weird for me and I have to delete the network bridge connection and then Properties on my internet connection and under the advanced tab click on Allow Other Users to Connect. This is because my computer has a mind of it's own, haha.)





I have my email under my name, and if nothing works and someone else can't help, then go ahead and email me. I wish I had someone to help me when I was trying to figure it out... Ha, well, hope it helps...really! Okay, Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment